Georgina's current research falls under three themes:
- Emission trading in the road transport sector (in collaboration with Dr David Bonilla);
- Comparison of price and quantity controls to reduce CO2 emissions in the road transport sector; and
- Harmonisation of transport taxes and duties, to include all modes across all EU countries.
- Santos, G. (2010) Introduction. Special issue on 'Road Transport Externalities, Economic Policies and Other Instruments for Sustainable Road Transport'. Research in Transportation Economics, 28(1): 1.
- Santos, G., Behrendt, H., Maconi, L., Shirvani, T. and Teytelboym, A. (2010) Part I: Externalities and economic policies in road transport. Research in Transportation Economics, 28(1): 2-45.
- Santos, G., Behrendt, H. and Teytelboym, A. (2010) Part II: Policy instruments for sustainable road transport. Research in Transportation Economics, 28(1): 46-91.
- Santos, G. and Robin, M. (2010) Determinants of delays at European airports. Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, 44(3): 392-403.
- Mendes, L. and Santos, G. (2008) Using economic instruments to address emissions from air transport in the European Union. Environment and Planning A, 40(1): 189-209.
- Santos, G. (2008) The London congestion charging scheme. Brookings Wharton Papers on Urban Affairs: 177-234.
- Santos, G. and Bhakar, J. (2006) The impact of the London congestion charging scheme on the generalised cost of car commuters to the city of London from a value of travel time savings perspective. Transport Policy, 13(1): 22-33.
- Santos, G. and Fraser, G. (2006) Road pricing: lessons from London. Economic Policy, 21(46): 264-310.
- Santos, G. and Catchesides, T. (2005) Distributional consequences of gasoline taxation in the United Kingdom. Transportation Research Record, 1924: 103-111.
- Santos, G. (2005) Urban congestion charging: a comparison between London and Singapore. Transport Reviews, 25(5): 511-534.
- Santos, G. (2004) Urban congestion charging: a second best alternative. Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, 38(3): 345-369.
- Santos, G. and Shaffer, B. (2004) Preliminary results of the London congestion charging scheme. Public Works, Management and Policy, 9(2): 164-181.
- Santos, G. and Rojey, L. (2004) Distributional impacts of road pricing: the truth behind the myth. Transportation, 31(1): 21-42.
- Santos, G. (2002) Double cordon tolls in urban areas to increase social welfare. Transportation Research Record, 1812: 49-55.
- Santos, G., Newbery, D. and Rojey, L. (2001) Static vs. demand sensitive models and the estimation of efficient cordon tolls: an exercise for eight English towns. Transportation Research Record, 1747: 44-50.
- Santos, G. (2000) Road pricing on the basis of congestion costs: consistent results from two historic UK towns. Transportation Research Record, 1732: 25-31.
- Newbery, D. and Santos, G. (1999) Road taxes, road user charges and earmarking. Fiscal Studies, 20(3): 103-132.
- Newbery, D. and Santos, G. (2002) Estimating urban road congestion costs. CEPR Discussion Paper 3176, Centre for Economic Policy Research, London.
- Santos, G. and Newbery, D. (2001) Urban congestion charging: theory, practice and environmental consequences. CESifo Working Paper 568, Centre for Economic Studies & Ifo Institute for Economic Research, Munich.
- Santos, G., Rojey, L. and Newbery, D. (2000) The environmental benefits from road pricing. DAE Working Paper 0020, Department of Applied Economics, University of Cambridge, October.
- Santos, G. (2010) Peak loads. In, Button, K., Vega, H. and P. Nijkamp (eds.) A Dictionary of Transport Analysis, Edward Elgar, pp. 300-302. ISBN: 9781843763758.
- Santos, G. (2008) The London congestion charging scheme, 2003-2006. Chapter 8 in, Richardson, H.W. and Bae, C.C. (eds.) Road Congestion Pricing in Europe: Implications for the United States. Edward Elgar.
- Santos, G. (2008) The London experience. Chapter 14 in, Verhoef, E. (ed.) Pricing in road transport: A multidisciplinary perspective. Edward Elgar.
- Santos, G. (2006) Traffic congestion and road pricing. In, Allington, N. and J. McCombie (eds.) Cambridge Essays in Applied Economics. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Santos, G. (2004) Urban road pricing in the UK. In Santos, G. (ed.), Road Pricing: Theory and Evidence, Oxford: Elsevier.
- Santos, G., Li, W. and W. Koh (2004) Transport policies in Singapore. In Santos, G. (ed.), Road Pricing: Theory and Evidence, Oxford: Elsevier.
- Santos, G. (2004) Congestion costs and road pricing in English towns. In de Palma, A. and E. Quinet (ed.), Transport Tarification, Paris: Economica.