The Transport Studies Unit began recording selected lectures in 2009 and some of these are now available online through iTunesU. You can also view our podcasts through the University of Oxford Podcasts website.
Transport and Mobilities Across the Life Course - TSU Seminar Series, Hilary Term 2017
- A life course perspective: new mobilities and demography MP3: 103.6MB / 01:50:33 mins
Prof Dr Joachim Scheiner, Technische Universitat, Dortmund, and Clare Sheffield, Policy Analysis Manager, Transport for London
- The mobilities of young adults in the 21st Century MP3: 34.1MB / 37:20 mins
Jean Taylor, Senior Service Manager Policy & Partnerships, Lambeth Council; Chair: Dr Debbie Hopkins
- Mobilities for an ageing population MP3: 106.2MB / 1:53:19 hours
Associate Prof Charles Musselwhite, Swansea University; Jane Vass OBE, Director of Policy & Research, AGE UK; Chair: Prof David Bannister
- Life events and mobilities across the life course MP3: 78MB / 1:23:11 hours
Dr Sara Tilley, University of Edinburgh; Emma Aldrich, Regional Programme Officer (East & Southern Africa), Marie Stopes International; Chair: Dr Tim Schwanen
Urban Mobilities in the Smart City - TSU Seminar Series, Hilary Term 2016
- Technical Efficiency, Social Deficiency? MP3: 54.4MB / 59:25 mins
Professor Michael Batty, Bartlett Professor of Planning, University College London
- Urban Mobilities in the Smart City: What about the 'User'? [MP3: 71MB / 1:17:39 mins]
Professor Gillian Rose, Professor of Cultural Geography, Fellow of the British Academy, The Open University, and Professor Stephen Potter, Emeritus Professor of Transport Strategy, The Open University
- Autonomous Vehicles - Beyond the Hype? [MP3: 40.2MB / 43:58 mins]
Professor Graham Parkhurst, Director, Centre for Transport and Society, University of the West of England
- Smart Technologies and Public Participation in Transport Planning [MP3: 66.1MB / 1:12:14 mins]
Dr Richard Kingston, Head of Planning and Environmental Management, University of Manchester, and Dr Bryan Marshall, Research Fellow, Nominet UK
Scalar Politics of Transport - TSU Seminar Series, Hilary Term 2015
- EU's Sustainable Urban Mobility Plans: Whose Politics? (Speaker 1) MP3: 40.4MB / 44:11 mins
Mark Major, The Directorate-General for Mobility and Transport, European Commission
- EU's Sustainable Urban Mobility Plans: Whose Politics? (Speaker 2) MP3: 33.4MB / 36:35 mins
Anne Shaw, Birmingham City Council
- Delivering Low Carbon Transport across the UK's Devolved Administrations (Speaker 1) MP3: 38.9MB / 42:34 mins
Jack Snape, Committee on Climate Change
- Delivering Low Carbon Transport across the UK's Devolved Administrations (Speaker 2) MP3: 33.4MB / 36:29 mins
Stuart Hay, Vice Chair of Transform Scotland and Scottish Director of Living Streets
- Politics of Infrastructure: Spineless Development? (Speaker 1) MP3: 19.3MB / 21:08 mins
Nigel Tipple, Oxfordshire Local Enterprise Partnership
- Politics of Infrastructure: Spineless Development? (Speaker 2) MP3: 34.8MB / 38:03 mins
Tim Schwanen, Transport Studies Unit, University of Oxford
- Politics of Roadspace (Speaker 1) MP3: 33.0MB / 36:06 mins
Justin Spinney, University of Cardiff
- Politics of Roadspace (Speaker 2) MP3: 29.0MB / 31:42 mins
Martin Cassini, Equality Streets
Transport Futures: The Role of Digital Technologies in Future Transport Systems, Imperial College Business School, 21 March 2014
- Decades of Freight in the European Union: Thinking of 2050 YouTube
Dr David Bonilla, University of Oxford, Senior Research Fellow at the Transport Studies Unit
Transport Controversies - TSU Seminar Series, Hilary Term 2014
- High Speed 2: The spatial implications MP3: 117MB / 2:08:16 mins
Neil Ross, Principal Transport Strategy Officer, Centro, and Henry Overman, Professor of Economic Geography, London School of Economics, 21 January 2014.
- London Airports: Meeting demand MP3: 112MB / 2:03:15 mins
Daniel Moylan, The Mayor of London's adviser on aviation, and Sveinn Gudmundsson, Professor of Strategic Management, Toulouse Business School, 4 February 2014.
- Transport Infrastructure Investments - Development or Growth? MP3: 104MB / 1:54:21 mins
John Howe, International Institute for Infrastructural, Hydraulic and Environmental Engineering, Delft, The Netherlands, and Marcial Bustinduy-Navas, European Bank for Reconstruction (EBRD), 18 February 2014.
- The Transport Debate: A new book by Iain Docherty and Jon Shaw MP3: 106MB / 1:56:09 mins
Iain Docherty, Professor of Public Policy and Governance, University of Glasgow, and Jon Shaw, Professor of Geography, Plymouth University, 4 March 2014.
Transitioning towards Electric Vehicles - TSU Seminar Series, Hilary Term 2013
- Electric Automobility - Revolution or Evolution? MP3: 37.1MB / 39:35 mins
Dr Paul Nieuwenhuis, Centre for Automotive Industry Research, Cardiff University, 15 January 2013.
- Who Leads, Who Follows? A Multi-level Perspective of Energy Transitions in the Transport Sector MP3: 33.6MB / 36:47 mins
Prof. Greg Marsden, Institute for Transport Studies, University of Leeds, 12 February 2013.
- Governing Electric Automobility in London MP3: 26.2MB / 28:41 mins
Ms Rhona Munck, Transport for London, 12 February 2013.
- Electric Automobility: How Might (or Should) It Influence Urban Planning in the UK? MP3: 37.3MB / 40:48 mins
Dr Peter Headicar, Oxford Brookes University, 26 February 2013.
- Electric Cars Do Work MP3: 31.7MB / 34:43 mins
Mr Robert Llewellyn, 26 February 2013.