This three year project is funded by the EU Marie Curie International Researcher Exchange Scheme (IRSES) and will facilitate a series of high level exchanges between senior researchers in the TSU, the University of Ghent in Belgium and the Universidad de Concepción in Chile. It also provides for 10 junior researcher internships in the three partner countries over the three years of the programme.
Aims and objectives
The core objectives of the programme are to:
- Expose the full diversity of the research which has been already undertaken on transport disadvantage and social exclusion to date;
- Facilitate the exchange of ideas about the various and diverse theoretical concepts and methodological approaches which abound in this area;
- Help the participants in the exchange who are already experts in their own discrete areas of research to develop new hybrid theories and methodologies and test these in their three different national contexts;
- Identify applicability and utility of these new theories and methods for the development of future transport policy and systems delivery more widely; and
- Develop an international network of researchers and policy makers with an interest in collaborating on international comparative studies of transport and social exclusion and in converting best research into improved policy practices.
- Policy briefing notes
- Researcher and policy maker knowledge events
- Final research report
- International researchers networking event