In a world in which transport planning is often a white-male dominated sector, our Diversity Scholarship provides a unique opportunity for under-represented voices to participate in our Global Challenges in Transport Leadership Programme.
The scholarship will cover all tuition fees and accommodation, plus visa and travel expenses up to £500, enabling beneficiaries to attend one of our courses in 2020.
Candidates applying must satisfy the following requirements:
- be a national of (and currently working/ researching in) countries who receive official development assistance from the Development Assistance Committee (DAC) of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD);
- have fluency in the English language; and
- show strong evidence of work/ research experience in the transport policy/ planning sector in line with the specific theme/ content of the course for which they are applying.
Awards are based on:
- financial need,
- excellence in the field,
- demonstrable benefits for the applicant in attending the course, and
- commitment to work and develop a career in sustainable transport.
Each application will be assessed in line with these specific criteria. The application deadline for a scholarship is 8 weeks before the start date of each course.