Our current research comprises four main themes with multiple projects linked to these:
We run Oxford University's innovative short-course programme Global Challenges in Transport that brings together researchers and practitioners interested in sustainable transport. Sessions are led by distinguished experts and use a combination of lectures, discussions and practical workshops for early career and senior professionals.
Next course: New Technologies and Changing Behaviours (14-17 Mar 2017)
The TSU hosts a number of postgraduate doctoral students who are working with our academic staff and researchers on a diverse set of projects linked to our research themes.
- TSU Seminar Series 2017: A life course perspective: new mobilities and demography | 24 January 2017, 4pm | School of Geography and the Environment, Oxford | Featuring guest speakers Prof Dr Joachim Scheiner (Technische Universitat, Dortmund) and Clare Sheffield (Policy Analysis Manager, Transport for London). Chaired by Dr Tim Schwanen (TSU).
- Green and Smart Transport | 30 January 2017, 1-2pm | Gilbert Room, School of Geography and the Environment, Oxford | Professor Jianping Wu, Director of Future Transport Research Centre of Tsinghua-Cambridge-MIT at Tsinghua University in Beijing. | This talk will introduce some of the recent researches in Future Transport Research Centre at Tsinghua University. It covers the following 4 areas: 1) Urban traffic emission pollution control with on-line traffic management strategy; 2) The driving behaviour recognition using Big Data technologies; 3) Simulation system for autonomous driving; and 4) AlphaGo and the future urban traffic control.
- TSU Seminar Series 2017: The mobilities of young adults in the 21st Century | 7 February 2017, 4pm | School of Geography and the Environment, Oxford | Featuring guest speakers Prof Ann Berrington (University of Southampton) and Jean Taylor (Senior Service Manager Policy & Partnerships, Lambeth Council). Chaired by Dr Debbie Hopkins (TSU).
- TSU Seminar Series 2017: Mobilities for an ageing population | 21 February 2017, 4pm | School of Geography and the Environment, Oxford | Featuring guest speakers Associate Prof Charles Musselwhite (Swansea University) and Jane Vass OBE (Director of Policy & Research, AGE UK). Chaired by Prof David Banister (TSU).
- TSU Seminar Series 2017: Life events and mobilities across the life course | 7 March 2017, 4pm | School of Geography and the Environment, Oxford | Featuring guest speakers Dr Sara Tilley (University of Edinburgh) and Emma Aldrich (Regional Programme Officer for East & Southern Africa, Marie Stopes International). Chaired by Dr Tim Schwanen (TSU).
- TSU Seminar Series 2016: Urban Mobilities in the Smart City - Podcasts and presentations now available online.