Our current research comprises four main themes with multiple projects linked to these:
We run Oxford University's innovative short-course programme Global Challenges in Transport that brings together researchers and practitioners interested in sustainable transport. Sessions are led by distinguished experts and use a combination of lectures, discussions and practical workshops for early career and senior professionals.
Next course: New Technologies and Changing Behaviours (14-17 Mar 2017)
The TSU hosts a number of postgraduate doctoral students who are working with our academic staff and researchers on a diverse set of projects linked to our research themes.
- Rethinking transport infrastructure planning to extend its value over time | 1 March 2017, 1pm | A J Herbertson Room, School of Geography and the Environment, Oxford | Featuring guest speaker Dr Moshe Givoni (Head of the Transport Research Unit (TRU) and Senior Lecturer at the Department of Geography and Human Environment, Tel- Aviv University).
- Reducing Car Dependence: Lessons from Western Europe and the USA | 1 March 2017, 5pm | E W Gilbert Room, School of Geography and the Environment, Oxford | Featuring guest speaker Dr Ralph Buehler (Associate Professor in Urban Affairs & Planning at Virginia Tech in Alexandria, Virginia, USA).
- TSU Seminar Series 2017: Life events and mobilities across the life course | 7 March 2017, 4pm | School of Geography and the Environment, Oxford | Featuring guest speakers Dr Sara Tilley (University of Edinburgh) and Emma Aldrich (Regional Programme Officer for East & Southern Africa, Marie Stopes International). Chaired by Dr Tim Schwanen (TSU).
- IRS Spring Academy 2017 | Investigating Space(s): Current Theoretical and Methodological Approaches: Temporality and Procedurality | 2-5 May 2017 | Leibniz-Institut für Raumbezogene Sozialforschung, Germany | Featuring guest speaker Dr Tim Schwanen (TSU).
- TSU Seminar Series 2016: Urban Mobilities in the Smart City - Podcasts and presentations now available online.